When embarking on the journey of finding your dream home, creating a home wishlist that aligns with your desires is essential. A well-crafted home wishlist serves as a roadmap, guiding you and your realtor toward properties that match your specific preferences and needs.
In this article, we’ll delve into the various features, amenities, and factors to consider, ensuring that your wishlist reflects your unique lifestyle, preferences, and long-term goals.
By the end of this article, you’ll be equipped with valuable insights and practical tips to effectively communicate your wishlist to your realtor. You’ll gain the confidence to articulate your desires, enabling them to narrow down the options and present you with properties that truly resonate with your vision. So, let’s embark on this exciting journey of creating a home wishlist that aligns with your desires and brings you one step closer to finding your perfect home sweet home.
Before the home search begins, your real estate agent will want to know as much as possible about the features and amenities you desire. To help your agent better serve you, analyze what you want and what you need in a home’s features and amenities.
- Age: Do you prefer historic properties, or newer ones?
- Style: Do you have a special preference for ranches, bungalows, or another style of construction?
- Bedrooms: How many?
- Bathrooms: How many? Are they updated?
- Living and Dining Areas: A traditional, formal layout, or a more open, contemporary plan?
- Stories: How many?
- Square feet: How much space?
- Ceilings: How high?
- Kitchen: How big? Recently updated? Open to other living areas?
- Storage: Big closets, a shed, an extra-large garage?
- Parking: A garage or carport? Room for how many cars?
- Extras: Attic or basement?
- Play/exercise room
- Security system
- Sprinkler system
- In-law suite
- Hot tub
- Wooded lot
- Patio, deck, or porch
- Laundry room